Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Baby Blanket Bonanza

The agency I work for has a project that specializing in educational advocacy for our clients. The project assists children in foster care, who are often placed in the wrong educational setting, face problems due to multiple school transfers, or may be dealing with suspensions and expulsions, in addition to many other educational needs. I received an email recently asking for donations to the project's annual fundraiser; a silent auction and gala. It didn't take me long to decide to knit something for the auction (donors get free admission to the event!), but it did take me a while to decide what to make. The event is in April - not exactly knitwear season.

After some discussion with a coworker who is part of the even organizing committee, I decided to knit up some baby items. I've started with the largest project first - a dishcloth baby blanket.



I am really satisfied with how the blanket is turning out so far. The yarn is a little annoying, but I love the colors and it is 75% acrylic so it will be very easy to care for. (It is Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend for those of you who want to know).  I like this project a lot. Much more than the Pinwheel baby blanket I started almost two months ago, which has completely lost its appeal.



I have to finish both of these projects soon, though. The auction is in two weeks, and the baby the Pinwheel blanket is for is due next month!

1 comment:

  1. I like the colors of the baby blanket bonanza!

    ReplyDelete