Friday, January 6, 2012

Countdown to Certification

As mentioned earlier, I am working on becoming a Certified Knitting Instructor from the Craft Yarn Council of America. I received an email right after Christmas with instructions for all the prework that needs to be done for class in February. I have to bring the following swatches:


  1. 5" squares in garter, stockinette, k1p1 rib, and seed or moss stitch
  2. Left and right leaning cables
  3. Increase: knit and purl in the same stitch
  4. Increase: Make One
  5. Increase: Knit into stitch below


And I have to design a handout with pattern and instructions for a beginner project.

I started this week, and so far all I have is the garter swatch




I'm hoping to knock out most of the rest of it this weekend. I went to Staples yesterday and picked up these tags for the swatches.They were just under $6.00 for 100 tags.



And I went to Michael's today to pick up some more mellow yarn for the rest of the swatches.



While I was there, I came across these!


The flower ones with the pink strings were in the bins of one and two dollar items that are near the entrance. They were a $1 for a pack of 12. The other ones were also in packs of 12, 3 of each design, and I found those for $2 a pack in the back aisle where they have small kids' items and gift bags and things of that nature.

They are larger than the Staples ones, and oh so much prettier! But are they too pretty to go in some stuffy swatch binder?





2 comments: